Call us: TH | 0801022328 | 038420313
UK | 02081338059 | 07493269875

Email Us:
Line ID : thaivisaexpress

What Happens if I Overstay on My UK Spouse Visa?

By admin_thai on December 18, 2019 in UK Visa Information Thailand

It is not the role of the UK Home Office to remind you when you are due to renew your visa. You should check your Biometric Residence Permit which you will have been given when you applied for your UK Spouse Visa. Should you overstay on your visa, you will have 30 days to exit the UK and failure to do so may result in you being banned from re-entering the country for between one and ten years.

What will happen to my UK Spouse Visa?

Under section 7B, the Home Office or the British Embassy in Bangkok could refuse you a new Spouse Visa and in reality, this would be very difficult to challenge. However, in most instances, the circumstances are reviewed on a case by case basis and so long as you don’t have any previous black marks against your name, you will probably be allowed to apply for a new UK Spouse Visa although it is unlikely that you would be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

To reapply, you would need to:

  • Prove that you are still in a relationship with the same person and that your relationship is genuine
  • Be able to prove that the financial requirements can still be met
  • Provide proof of passing the A1 English test as you did for your initial UK Spouse Visa
  • Provide evidence of where you will be living while in the UK

How can Thai Visa Express Help?

Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.

About the Author

admin_thaiView all posts by admin_thai