Affirmation of freedom to marry – legally marry in Thailand
Affirmation of freedom to marry general guidance oh how a British citizen can get legally married in Thailand in 7 easy steps. This marriage is recognized as legally binding in the UK. For information on marriage in Thailand and to find out what you need to do to swear an affirmation of marital status at the embassy, go to getting married abroad and select Thailand.
- complete an affirmation of freedom to marry – template example
- Make an appointment to submit the affirmation of freedom to marry – consular appointments
- If married previously we require your original decree absolute or death certificate of former spouse
- You’ll also need to provide evidence if you’ve changed your name by deed poll.
- provided – British passport – completed affirmation – consular fees לקנות סיאליס
- Translate the document into Thai ( many companies outside the embassy offer this service)
- legalize the document at the ministry if foreign affairs’ this generally takes 3-5 working days.
- Collect the document & you can enter any Amphur to marry in Thailand
What’re the fees for this service
You normally have to pay fees for consular services in the local currency – these are shown in the list of consular fees for Thailand.
You can pay by cash or credit card, but not by personal cheque.
|Affidavit or affirmation for marriage||£50|
Thai applicant required documents to marry a British citizen
- ID Card
- House blue book
- Any divorce certificates
- Any child’s detailsName change certificates
Useful links to documents required!
If you follow the guide as above yore wife can apply to settle in the UK if you are legally married.You must meet the financial requirements of the immigration rules find out more.