Requirements to Obtain an Australian Visa Thai Wife
Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident do you want an Australian Visa Thai wife? Are you considering having them come live permanently in Australia with you? With a little time and paperwork this can all happen. The process in applying for an Australian visa Thai wife applications can take up to 10 months and is necessary in order to be granted a temporary or permanent spouse visa to enter, work and live in Australia. Here are some important facts you should know when it comes time to begin the visa process.
There are two types of Australian spouse visas
- The temporary spouse visa is good for two years which will be changed to a permanent spouse visa if you are still married to your spouse and all other legal requirements have been fulfilled.
- The permanent spouse visa grants one to live in Australia for indefinite period of time. It is usually obtained right before the temporary visa is about to expire provided all necessary legal requirements have been met.
The Applicant must have a sponsor and meet the following requirements:
- Be an Australian citizen or an permanent resident 18 years old or older.
- Married to the Thai applicant.
- Be willing and prepared to sponsor his spouse and any dependent children of the applicant to Australia.
Applicant’s requirements for Eligibility:
- Applicant must be married to an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicant must pass the necessary health requirements.
- Applicant must not have a criminal record.
Once a temporary Spouse Visa is issued the Thai citizen may live and work in Australia with their spouse until a decision is made regarding a permanent spouse visa application. The applicant will be able to attend University in Australia, however will not be entitled to government funding. You also will be able to take advantage of the hospital care and medical benefits of Australia.When the Thai applicant is finally granted a permanent spouse visa they will be able to permanently in live, work and study in Australia with their spouse. Australia’s medical benefits expenses and hospital care scheme will also be available to them. In addition, they will be able to receive certain social security payments and apply for Australian citizenship.
There are certain circumstances when you will be able to bypass the temporary spouse visa and apply for a permanent spouse visa right away if you meet one of these requirements.
- Been married to your Australian spouse for at least 5 years.
- Have children with your Australian spouse and been married for at least 2 years.
- Your spouse has been granted a protection visa or a permanent visa.
Australian tourist visa applications are difficult for some Thai citizens, as they are often considered high-risk travelers click here
What documents are required to get your girlfriend a visa to Australia – our Australian tourist visa document checklist should help any would be applicant.
There should be a genuine relationship between you (the sponsor) and your partner (the applicant). You should be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. These are the main requirements to qualify for a Australian partner visa
Australian visa applications – VFS Australia Thailand
With a little time and the knowledge of this important information, your Thai wife will be enjoying life in Australia with you for years to come. For more information on the Australian Visa process or if you have any additional questions, contact us.