Your Thai girlfriend will be able to visit the UK on a UK Tourist Visa. The application will be made at the British Embassy in Bangkok, and it is important to remember that the only person that they are interested in is your Thai girlfriend, not you!
What are the requirements for the UK Tourist Visa?
- Your Thai girlfriend must be 18 years of age
- She must be able to support herself financially while in the UK
- She must have means to leave the UK once her visa has expired
- She must have reason to return to Thailand
- She shouldn’t have a criminal record as this will make any application harder
- She must have a valid Thai passport with a minimum of 12 months and two free pages remaining
How long is a UK Tourist Visa valid?
Most UK Tourist Visas that are issued are for 12 months although in some circumstances they are issued for up to 10 years. Regardless of how long the visa is for, your Thai girlfriend will only be able to stay in the UK for six out 12 months at any one time. The visa is not designed for long-term stays in the UK and is designed for people entering the country as a tourist.
- Your Thai girlfriend cannot obtain paid or unpaid work
- She will have no access to government funds
- She can’t stay for more than six months
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.