If your Thai wife is planning to live in the UK and has entered the country on a UK Spouse Visa, she will be allowed to work in the UK. If, on the other hand, she has entered the country on a UK Tourist Visa and is only planning to stay for up to six months, then she will be prohibited from seeking paid or unpaid employment. In both circumstances, she will have no course to public funds.
What will she receive?
- She will receive a UK National Insurance (NI) number meaning she will contribute to state funds including a state pension
- She will be entitled to NHS healthcare although the NHS Immigration Surcharge is still payable
- She will be the treated in the same manner as any UK national including pay and holiday entitlements
What is expected from your Thai wife?
- She will be required to pass the A1 (IELTS) English Test
- The pair of you must be able to support yourself financially in the UK
- You must earn a minimum of £18,600p.a
- She must be 18 years of age or older
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with any UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.