It is quite common for western men to meet their Thai girlfriend when they are working in a bar. Many of these girls will common with baggage, although this baggage doesn’t necessarily need to remain with them forever. No doubt you will have heard the saying “you can take the girl out of the bar, but you can’t take the bar out of the girl”. It does carry some weight, and it would be foolhardy to ignore it, but it doesn’t have to be the case. Here are some tips for helping to change your Thai girlfriend for the better.
How to choose a Thai bargirl for your girlfriend
- Choose one who seems genuinely interested in you
- Make sure you meet her a few time before overly committing
- Does she help you, or is it all one-way traffic coming from you?
- Was money one of the first topics of conversation?
- Does she spend most of her time drunk with her friends in the bar?
After you have “bought her out the bar”
- Treat her with respect; she is no longer applying her former trade
- Include her in your life
- Meet her family and spend time with them and show an interest
- Take her to the UK to meet your family and friends, so she feels part of your life
- Support her in her new ventures as well as financially (a fact of life!)
Talk to Us!
We can assist you with any UK Visa. We can help your Thai girlfriend obtain a UK Tourist Visa as we deal with the British Embassy in Bangkok daily we know what is required. So, if you would like more information, call us on +66 (0)80 102 2328, +66 (0) 38 420 313 or +44 (0) 20 8133 8059, email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact us via our website.