If you are planning on taking your Thai girlfriend to visit you in the UK, the first thing that she will need, even before the UK Tourist Visa is a Thai Passport. Luckily, there is a Thai Passport office in The Avenue shopping mall in Pattaya where everything can be completed within the day, assuming that you have the right documentation.
What documentation is required?
- Thai ID Card
- Tabian Baan (House Book or Blue Book)
- Any other documents requested at the time (subject to change without notice)
What happens at the Thai Passport Office?
- Firstly take a number from the machine
- Fill in the start of the application form which includes, name, date of birth, place of birth etc
- The officer will hake the applicant’s biometrics such as a digital photograph and fingerprints, measure the applicant and will then verify and certify the information, confirming it is correct
- Pay the fee
- In most circumstances, you can collect your passport an hour or so later, but sometimes it will need to be sent EMS to you
What are the fees?
The cost of a Thai Passport is just THB1,000 with an additional fee of THB30 if you require the passport to be sent back to you via EMS. Payment is straightforward and should be made in cash.
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.