With an increasing number of British expats being forced to return to the UK, and leaving their girlfriends behind, certainly initially, there are naturally concerns about whether they can trust their Thai girlfriend. Although most girls return to the village, there is always the nagging concern that your Thai girlfriend has a Thai husband or that she will return to Pattaya at some point. Obviously, how much you trust your Thai girl will depend very much on the individual.
Reasons to Trust Your Thai Girlfriend
- You are sending her money each month
- She wants to come to England
- She genuinely loves you
- She sees a future together
- She has always been trustworthy in the past
Reason for Concern with Your Thai Girlfriend
- She refuses to accept video calls, and when she does she is in a room that could be anywhere
- She doesn’t answer calls from 8pm (Thai time)
- She still keeps in regular contact with her “friends” from the bar
- You don’t support her
- She doesn’t have a good track record when it comes to telling the truth
Moving to or Visiting the UK
Most people want to take their Thai girlfriend back to the UK with them, especially if you have been together for quite a long time. If she hasn’t been to the UK before, the best approach would be to visit the country on a UK Tourist Visa. The visa would allow her to stay in the country for up to six months out of the twelve. If this went well and she was considering living in the UK permanently, she would need to get a UK Spouse Visa.
Talk to Us!
We can assist you with any UK Visa. We can help your Thai girlfriend get a UK Tourist Visa or your wife to obtain a UK Spouse Visa as we deal with the British Embassy in Bangkok daily we know what is required. So, if you would like more information, call us on +66 (0)80 102 2328, +66 (0) 38 420 313 or +44 (0) 20 8133 8059, email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact us via our website.