On 15 June 2019, the Royal Thai Embassy in London made some significant changes to rules regarding the issuance of Non-Immigrant O Visas. This popular visa is valid for one year but requires the holder to leave the country every 90 days. It was the visa of choice for British citizens who were working abroad but visited Thailand several times a year – offshore workers being a prime example. It should be noted that no changes have been made to rules for Non-Immigrant O Single Entry Visas.
The current rules which can be found of the Royal Thai Embassy, London website state the following:
- For a dependent child (age below 20 years): A copy of the birth certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the parent who is going to work in Thailand, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the parent will work
- For accompanying spouse: A copy of marriage certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the leading spouse, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the spouse will work
- For accompanying a Thai spouse: A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing a monthly income of more than £1,500.)
- For accompanying a Thai child: A copy of Thai birth certificate, a copy of the Thai child’s passport/Thai ID, a copy of marriage certificate to a Thai spouse or divorce paper/child custody paper (in case of divorce), and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
- For working at an NGO/volunteer work: An official recommendation letter or employment letter from NGO or organisation which undertakes volunteer work in Thailand, registration document of NGO or volunteer organisation
- For pensioner (aged 50 or over: A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from a pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
We can help!
If you require any assistance with obtaining a Multi-Entry Tourist Visa for Thailand or indeed any other type of visa for Thailand from the Royal Thai Embassy in London we can help. You can call us on +66 (0)80 102 2328, +66 (0) 38 420 313 or +44 (0) 20 8133 8059, email us on: email@example.com or alternatively contact us via our website.