Australian marriage visa is issued to individuals who have the intention of marrying their fiance who is either an Australian citizen or legal resident. The wedding must be completed within nine months from the day the Australian Marriage Visa was granted. After that time, it will expire, as it is a temporary visa. Once you have married, you will have to apply for a partner Visa.
How To Get An Australian Marriage Visa
. Your fiance must be able and eligible to sponsor you.
• Your fiance must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen.
• Be 18 years of age or older.
• Be a member of the opposite sex of that of your fiance.
• You must have actually met your fiance in person. (Meeting on the internet does not count.)
Australian Marriage Visa : You Must Both Be Free To Marry
You should have no obstructions getting in the way of the marriage such as:
• Being currently married to someone else.
• Not being of legal age to marry.
• The Australian law does not recognize your reason to marry.
• You must actually want and have the intention to marry your fiance within 9 months.
• You must live with your spouse.
• You must meet the required heath and character qualifications.
Australian Marriage Visa Are Valid For 9 Months
Once you have been issued your Prospective Marriage Visa:
• You may come and go into Australia whenever you want before your visa expires.
• You can work in Australia.
• You can apply for a Partner visa in Australia after you marry your fiance.
• You can attend University in Australia but will not be able to obtain government funding.
• You have access to Australia’s medical expenses and hospital care assistance scheme.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process for obtaining a Prospective Marriage Visa, we are here to help. Please don’t hesitate, and contact us, as we want to help you make process go as smoothly as possible so you can be enjoying life in Australia with your fiance