Are You Eligible To Settle In The UK?
Settle in the UK in the UK, also known as settlement in the UK, is available to a number of persons. Settling means you are permitted to stay in the UK without any time restrictions. However, finding the correct form and documentation is critical to obtaining approval in a timely manner. Here, we discuss the more than 10 forms associated with settlement.
- Form SET (M) – Relating to marriage or civil partnership, this form is designed for those who wish to settle in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried partner of a British citizen or a citizen who has already been approved for settlement in the UK.
- Form SET (F) – This form is designed for family members of British citizens or people who are settled in the UK. It is only for those who are a child (natural or adopted) under the age of 18 that has a parent or relative who is a permanent resident of the UK and currently living there, are an adopted child under the age of 18or are the parent, grandparent, or other dependent relative over the age of 18 who is a permanent resident of the UK and currently living there.
- Form SET (DV) – This is a settlement application for those who have temporary permission to remain in the UK as a partner of a permanent resident and are suffering from domestic violence.
- Form SET (BUS) – Retired persons of independent means or those who are a sole representative of an overseas firm should refer to the form SET (BUS).
- Form ECAA 2 – This form is designed specifically for citizens of Turkey who are in the UK under the rules of the European Community Association Agreement with Turkey. This same form can be used to cover any of your dependents.
- Form ECAA 4 – Similar to form ECAA 2, except that form ECAA 4 is designed for citizens of Bulgaria and Romania.
- Form ELR – ELR is for use by those you were given exceptional leave to enter or remain in the UK for a temporary stay. This leave must have been received before 1 April 2003 and lasted for four or more years. In addition, you must have a continuing fear of returning to your country of origin.
- Form HPDL – Use this form if were received exceptional leave for less than four years, were given discretionary leave to remain, or humanitarian protection.
- Form SET (Protection Route) – This form is specifically for refugees granted humanitarian protection whose limited leave is set to expire from August 2010.
- Form SET (O) – This form is used for numerous types of settlement applications. If you are in one of the following immigration categories and have resided in the UK in one of the categories for at least 5 years: Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system; a work permit holder; businessperson; innovator; investor, representative of an overseas news organization; private servant in a diplomatic household; domestic worker in a household; overseas government employee; member of a religious order; airport staff of an overseas owned airline; self-employed lawyer; artist, descendant of UK ancestry; or a highly skilled migrant under the Highly Skilled Migrant Program.
As you can see, the application process is tedious and time consuming. Having an expert, like Thai Visa Express on your side helps to relieve the stress and hassle associated with applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Contact us today to begin your settlement journey