Submission of UK Visa Application Documents. Following recent changes made by the Home Office, it is now a requirement that you submit your supporting documents for your application for a UK Visa to VFS Global in person for scanning. This can mean a costly and time-consuming trip to London. Thai Visa Express can make this easy for you with our new courier service for scanning of UK visa application documents. For a fee of just £200, we will take your documents to London and submit them on your behalf. Our operative will wait at the scanning office, collect your documents afterward and ensure they are returned to you via Royal Mail. For further information contact our UK helpline 07988663646 or use our contact form.
New document scanning process for UK settlement visa applicants
What you need to do
- Contact us by email and make payment to ‘order’ the service. At this time, you will need to include the application number so we can instruct VFS which application the documents should be attached to.
- Prepare your documents. We will email you a set of document cover sheets on PDF for you to print. These separators assist the immigration officer when assessing your scanned documents as it separates your evidence into relevant sections
- Place all your documents in an envelope and send them to our UK office. An address label will be provided at the same time as the PDF cover sheet.
- Wait for us to do all the hard work!
- All documents must be A4 size. No other size is accepted by VFS
- All documents must be the same way up in the pack you send to us.
- Any documents which are smaller or larger than A4 must be photocopied onto A4 sized paper. This includes passports and photographs
- All documents must be free from any clips, pins, or staples. However, one large elastic band, or paperclip to hold them all together in transit is acceptable.
- Torn, crumpled or heavily creased documents cannot be accepted. Once again, they must be photocopied onto A4 sized paper before they are submitted.
- Documents must not be laminated
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the charge for this service include all expenses?
A: Yes, it does. The fee you pay includes the VFS scanning fee, one of our staff traveling to London to personally oversee that your documents are submitted and the return postage to get your papers back to you.
Q: Do you check that all the documents are present before the scanning process occurs?
A: No, we don’t. It is your responsibility to ensure that all documents are present within the pack you send to our office and that they comply with the rules above. We accept no responsibility if a document is missing or non-compliant. The service you are commissioning is a ‘courier and return’ service not a checking or immigration advice service.
Q: What happens if I send you documents which are not A4 size?
A: When we receive your documents, we do not go through them to check that they are all A4 sized. If you have included wrongly sized documents, they will be rejected by VFS global. In this event, we will return the documents to you without them having been scanned. There is no refund of our fees in this scenario
Q: Can we Staple UK visa documents?
A: The answer is no, do not use paper clips or staples in your document bundle
Q: how long will it be from when I send you my documents to when they get to VFS
A: Generally, we go to VFS twice a month.
Q: Can I call you for an update on my application once the scanning process is completed
A: Unfortunately, we do not have access to your application details and are unable to assist in this regard,
Q: I’m a little nervous about making the application myself, can your company do it for me for an additional fee?
A: Yes, we can. Full details of our visa services are on the website www.thaivisaexpress.com
Q: I am a visa agent, can you provide this service for my company?
A: Yes, we can. The service is available to individuals and businesses alike.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure that all documents are present within the pack you send to our office and that they comply with the rules above. We accept no responsibility if a document is missing or non-compliant. The service you are commissioning is a ‘courier and return’ service not a checking or immigration advice service.