Thailand Passport – Getting a Thai passport for my Thai Girlfriend
Thailand passport & how to apply for a passport in Thailand, the process is fairly simple follow our 3 step guidance.
- Valid Thai citizens ID card, this should have a 12 -digit id number. You must also bring the house blue book plus other official documents.
- Take a queue number at the local Thai passport office, fill in the applicants name, date of birth,place of birth
- A passport officer measures the applicant’s height, captures the applicant’s bio-metric data information , this includes taking the applicant’s photograph and fingerprints.
- They will verify to certify the applicant’s information is correct.
- Apply for EMS postage service
- Pay the Thai passport fee apoteketgenerisk.com.
- get a receipt in some cases the applicant can use Ems to deliver the new passport.
- Processing times for Thai passports is 3 – 10 days only
What About Lost & Stolen Thai Passports – Whats The Process ?
Lost your Thailand passport, you must get a police report before you apply for a new travel document.
Thailand Passport Offices – Locations Across Thailand
Map & guidance to the various locations , where to submit my passport application in Thailand – Thai passport Office
Pattayas first passport office opens – Thai passport office location in Pattaya
How Much Does It Cost – Thailand Passport fees (2017)
e-Passport application fee : 1,000 Baht
postage service (EMS ) fee : 35 Baht
Did You Realize This – We Have 4 Different Types Of Thai Passport ?
Standard Thai passport
This is for Thai citizens & the most common passport valid for 5 years.
Dark blue passport
This is for official government use only.
- Close relatives of the king
- The royal family
- Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister and Ministers.
- House Speaker and Deputy House Speaker, Top Administrator and President of the Senate.
- President of the Supreme Court, Vice-President of the Supreme Court and President of the Court of Appeal
- President of the Constitutional Court and President of Administrative Court
- Ex-Prime Minister and Former Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Supreme Commander and Army Commander
- Diplomat who has diplomatic mission aboard
- A diplomat who works in foreign country, his/her spouse and child/children who lives and/or studies in that country, age of children should not be over 25 years old
- A spouse who accompanies a person specified in number 2-8
- Any person who works for benefits of the Thai government or is under Obligations between countries or if it is necessary or builds reputation for Thailand in the world.
This is a temporary passport – 2 years validity. Issued for Thai monks & Hajj passports issued to Thai muslims
How Do I get Thai citizenship ?
In all cases you will also have to meet the following conditions to apply for Thai citizenship: An applicant must have lived in Thailand continuously, for at minimum of five years before applying for Thai citizenship .Must be a permanent resident & be 18 years old .
Information about how to apply for a Thai passport visit – Thai passport information.
UK passports renewals in Thailand – apply to renew a UK passport in Bangkok
how to apply for a Thai passport click here