Consular Embassy Services In Thailand for Foreign Visitors and Residents.Information on the assistance and services provided, including the replacement of lost/stolen passports for foreign visitors or expats from the UK, Australia, USA, Canada and Australia from their respective embassies and consulates in Thailand.
Consular Embassy Services In Thailand
Most countries have an Embassy or offer Consular embassy services in Thailand to deal with matters affecting their own nationals living in or visiting the country. Citizens of the USA, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia living in Thailand are particularly well catered to by the consular sections of their Embassies and other organisations. Those from one of these countries will find a wealth of up-to-date and officially published information from the links below.
UK Citizens – Consular Embassy Services In Thailand
The British Embassy recommends that all citizens staying in Thailand for more than three months register with the Embassy.
- British Embassy in Bangkok
At: 14 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 305 8333
Fax: 02 253 7121
Open: Monday to Thursday 08:00-11:00 and 13:00-15:30, Friday 08:00-12:00
- UK Consular satellite offices information in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Surat Thani pleaseclick here
The British Embassy and Consular embassy services in Thailand to British citizens in Thailand. Services include:
- Providing help to those who have been victim of a crime
- Providing notorial services and letters that may be required by the Thai authorities
- Consular birth and death registrations
- Information on transferring funds
- Providing details of local lawyers, doctors, translators and funeral directors
The UK government’s GOV.UK website provides information online for Britons considering moving abroad and for those already there. It includes tax, health and education advice as well as a section on what to do when returning to the UK.
All visa applications should be submitted at the UK Visa Application Centre.
- Click here
At: 2nd Floor, Regent House, 183 Rajdamri Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 254 1098/1099
British passports are not renewed by the British Embassy, but first passports are issued. Applications for renewals must be lodged in person at the UK’s VFS office in Bangkok information regarding Pasport renewals information can be found on the UK’s Government website. To find out how to apply for a UK passport while overseas: Click here
Consular Embassy Services In Thailand – EU Nationals
Under EU law, an EU citizen is entitled to consular help from any EU consular representation abroad if their own country is not represented locally. This applies outside the EU to EU citizens who are either residing or travelling abroad. Any EU Embassy or Consulate must provide help to an EU citizen under the same conditions as they would their nationals.
Information on the type of help available and details to foreign consulates and Embassies can be found on the European Commission’s website, Consular Protection for EU Citizens.
- For further information from the European Commission: Click here
- For information the situations in which a Consulate or Embassy should provide help: Click here
US Citizens –
The American Citizen Services (ACS) section of the US Embassy offers a variety of services to Americans living in or visiting Thailand. The entrance to ACS is across from the US Embassy. All visitors must bring photo identification.
- US Embassy in Bangkok
At: 95 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 205 4049
Tel: 02 205 4000 (after-hours emergencies only)
Open: Monday to Friday 07:30-11:00 and 13:00-14:00 (Note that the Embassy is closed on the last Friday of each month)
- US consular satellite office information in Chiang Mai please click here
The ACS provides the following services to American citizens:
- Issue of emergency passports
- Handling of passport applications
- Legal assistance
- Election and voting information
- Registration of a birth or death of a US citizen in Thailand
- Assistance in the event of the death of a US citizen in Thailand
- Legalisation of documents
- Issue of tax forms
- Help if a citizen is in trouble with the Thai law
- General assistance for any US citizen who is having problems in Thailand
The Consular Section of the US Embassy occasionally organises Consular outreach visits to other locations in Thailand. During these visits they can provide the following services:
- Passport renewal applications
- Notarial services and certified copies
- They may also be able to provide forms and answers related to federal benefits questions
American citizens wanting to receive e-mail notifications of upcoming outreach visits should register with the Internet-based registrations system to inform the US Department of State of their presence in Thailand:Click here.
The services provided by the Consular Office of the Australian Embassy include the handling of visa enquiries, replacement of lost, stolen or damaged passports and providing general support for Australians in Thailand.
- Australian Embassy in Bangkok
At: 37 South Sathorn Road, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120
Tel: 02 344 6300
Fax: 02 344 6593
Open: Monday to Friday 08:30-16:30
e-mail – email@example.com
- Consular satellite office in Thailand for a information on Australia’s consular offices in Chiang Mai, Phuket and Surat Thani please click here
Note: All applications for passports must be made in person at the consular section of the Embassy in Bangkok. Appointments are not necessary.
New Zealand Citizens
The New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok provides consular assistance to resident and visiting New Zealanders. The Embassy is also accredited to Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
- New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok
At: M Thai Tower, 14th Floor, All Seasons Place, 87 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 254 2530
Tel: 81 837 7240 (after-hours emergencies only)
Fax: 02 253 9045
Open: Monday to Friday 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:30
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Embassy can provide:
- Help in case of an emergency
- Replacement passports
- A list of English-speaking lawyers in the event of an arrest or detention
- Notarial services
There are about 1,000 Canadian residents in Thailand and over 110,000 Canadian tourists each year. The Embassy is also accredited to the Lao People’s Democratic Republic and the Union of Myanmar.
- Canadian Embassy in Bangkok
At: 15th Floor Abdulrahim Place, 990 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
Tel: 02 636 0540
Tel: 001 800 156 220 0142 (after-hours emergencies only)
Fax: 02 636 0566
Open: Monday to Thursday 07:30-16:15, Friday 07:30-13:00
- Canada consular satellite office information in Chiang Mai please click here
The embassy provides the following services to Canadian citizens:
- Passport services (including the issuance of emergency passports)
- Assistance finding legal representation
- Emergency assistance
- Assistance in the event of the death of a Canadian citizen in Thailand
- Legalisation of documents
The website has comprehensive information on:
- Legal and notorial services
- Driver’s licences
- Health care and insurance
- Arrest and detention and more
Useful Links – To Consular Services & Visa Services
Work of a consular office – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbO-k0zJkqE
Consular Services – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consular_assistance
Background to consulate offices – http://geography.about.com/od/politicalgeography/a/embassy.htm
Thai Visa Express Immigration Visas – https://www.thaivisa-express.com/contact/
Further information & advice visit Thai Visa our home page or contact us we are happy to help you.