If you are applying for a Visa for the UK, it can be a stressful time. If you are a Thai girl looking to visit the UK or if you are British and want to take your Thai girlfriend to the UK, we have some useful tips that will hopefully make the application process go a lot smoother.
- Make sure you are applying for the correct visa
If you apply for the wrong type of UK Visa, your application will fail. Here are some very general pointers:
- If you are taking your Thai girlfriend or Thai wife for a short holiday in the UK, you need the UK Tourist Visa
- If you plan to live with your Thai wife in the UK permanently, you need to apply for the UK Spouse Visa
- If you plan to get married in the UK, you need the UK Fiancée Visa
Complete the paperwork correctly
If you haven’t completed the application form correctly, your application will be declined or at best, the process delayed. Consider these things:
- Have you completed ALL of the sections?
- Have you included ALL supporting documentation
- Have you had the necessary health checks – TB, for example?
- If necessary, have you passed to A1 English test?
Almost all long-term UK Visas involve a two-part process. For instance, the UK Spouse Visa is initially awarded for 30 months, but this is extended by a further 30 months if circumstances remain the same. If your Thai wife needs to return to the UK for an extended period during the first 30 months, it is unlikely that she will be granted Further Leave to Remain (FLR).
- Understand the process
So you or your Thai wife/girlfriend understand the process? You will need to consider the following:
- Submit your documents to the correct processing centre
- What do you need to submit?
- What do you need to before applying?
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with any visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas and dealing with Thai Immigration daily. We are also regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.