UK Visa application Thailand – how & where to apply
Thai citizens are visa nationals they must apply in person and make a UK visa application, they require a visa to travel to England. To apply for any visa you must have the following documents :
- Two photographs with a white background
- A valid passport to travel
- ID Card
- A completed online visa application form
- And the supporting documentation
Outsourced UK Visa Applications – you no longer apply at your local embassy
The UK government decided to outsource UK Visa applications & uses VFS the staff check the documents & forward these onto the British embassy visa section in Bangkok Thailand. When it’s processed you can collect it in person or you may have any application couriered back to you’re home address in Thailand. The visa processing times vary from each visa application type in many cases you may be better off employing a visa agent or a qualified UK Immigration consultant in Thailand to speed the process up.
In June 2018 the UKVI relocated its decision-making center from Bangkok to Delhi India – click here
UK Visa Application Thailand – General Information about the processing times
- UK Tourist visas – processing time is generally 10-15 days
- UK Spouse /settlement visas are up to 90 working days
- You may need to pass the A1 English test
- An x-ray is required if staying for more than 6 months
After a lot of research, we decide to use a visa agent to apply for my Thai girlfriend visa. You may in some instances decide you may need professional advice and assistance with your visa application process Thai Visa Express off this type of application help and advice please contact our Pattaya visa service office on the contact details below, we offer free immigration advice.