Have you ever wondered where exactly your Thai Wife or Thai Girlfriend can travel to without the need for a visa or indeed obtaining a visa on arrival and for how long can they stay.If this is your burning question we can help. We have compiled a thorough A – Z list of all the country’s throughout the world and have listed the visa entitlements for a Thai Citizen. You may be lucky and find your country or a country you both wish to visit has no restrictions for Thai Citizens or that a Thai Citizen can obtain a Visa On Arrival. Good luck !
Visa Free Travel for Thai citizens
- Afghanistan Visa required
- Albania Visa required
- Algeria Visa required
- Andorra Visa required
- Angola Visa required
- Antigua and Barbuda Visa required
- Argentina Visa not required 90 days
- Armenia Visa on arrival 120 days
- Australia Visa required
- Austria Visa required
- Azerbaijan Visa required
- Bahamas Visa required
- Bahrain Visa on arrival 14 days
- Bangladesh Visa require
- Barbados Visa required
- Belarus Visa required – Visas are issued on arrival at the Minsk International Airport
- Belgium Visa required
- Belize Visa required
- Benin Visa required
- Bhutan Visa required
- Bolivia Visa on arrival 90 days
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Visa required
- Botswana Visa required
- Brazil Visa not required 90 days
- Brunei Visa not required 14 days
- Bulgaria Visa required
- Burkina Faso Visa required
- Burundi Visa on arrival 30 days; obtainable at Bujumbura International Airport
- Cambodia Visa not required 14 days
- Cameroon Visa required
- Canada Visa required
- Cape Verde Visa on arrival
- Central African Republic Visa required
- Chad Visa required
- Chile Visa not required 90 days
- China Visa required -Thai citizens may travel without a visa to Hainan, Hong Kong and Macao.
- Colombia Visa required
- Comoros Visa on arrival
- Republic of the Congo Visa required
- Democratic Republic of the CongoVisa required
- Costa Rica Visa required
- Côte d’Ivoire Visa required
- Croatia Visa required
- Cuba Visa required
- Cyprus Visa required
- Czech Republic Visa required
- Denmark Visa required
- Djibouti Visa on arrival
- Dominica Visa not required 21 days
- Dominican Republic Visa not required 21 days, tourist card required.
- Ecuador Visa not required 90 days
- Egypt Visa required
- El Salvador Visa required
- Equatorial Guinea Visa required
- Eritrea Visa required
- Estonia Visa required
- Ethiopia Visa on arrival
- Fiji Visa not required 4 months
- Finland Visa required
- France Visa required
- Gabon Visa required
- Gambia Visa required
- Georgia Visa not required 90 days within 180 days
- Germany Visa required
- Ghana Visa required
- Greece Visa required
- Grenada Visa required
- Guatemala Visa required
- Guinea Visa required
- Guinea-Bissau Visa on arrival 90 days
- Guyana Visa required
- Haiti Visa not required 3 months
- Honduras Visa required
- Hungary Visa required
- Iceland Visa required
- India Visa required
- Indonesia Visa not required 30 days
- Iran Visa on arrival Conditions apply.
- Iraq Visa required Visa on arrival for 15 days at Erbil and Sulaymaniyah airports.
- Ireland Visa required
- Israel Visa required
- Italy Visa required
- Jamaica Visa required
- Japan Visa not required 15 days
- Jordan Visa on arrival 3 months
- Kazakhstan Visa required
- Kenya Visa on arrival 3 months
- Kiribati Visa required
- North Korea Visa required
- South Korea Visa not required 90 days
- Kuwait Visa required
- Kyrgyzstan Visa on arrival 1 month
- Laos Visa not required 30 days
- Latvia Visa required
- Lebanon Visa required
- Lesotho Visa required
- Liberia Visa required
- Libya Visa required
- Liechtenstein Visa required
- Lithuania Visa required
- Luxembourg Visa required
- Macedonia Visa required
- Madagascar Visa on arrival 90 days
- Malawi Visa required
- Malaysia Visa not required 30 days
- Maldives Visa on arrival 30 days
- Mali Visa on arrival
- Malta Visa required
- Marshall Islands Visa required
- Mauritania Visa on arrival
- Mauritius Visa on arrival 60 days
- Mexico Visa required
- Micronesia Visa not required 30 days
- Moldova Visa required
- Monaco Visa required
- Mongolia Visa not required 30 days
- Montenegro Visa required
- Morocco Visa required
- Mozambique Visa on arrival 30 days
- Myanmar eVisa 28 days. eVisa holders must arrive via Yangon International Airport. Also visa on arrival for 28 days, if arriving from Siem Reap, Guangzhou or Phnom Penh on MAI.
- Namibia Visa required
- Nauru Visa required
- Nepal Visa on arrival 90 days
- Netherlands Visa required
- New Zealand Visa required
- Nicaragua Visa on arrival 90 days
- Niger Visa required
- Nigeria Visa required
- Norway Visa required
- Oman Visa on arrival 30 days
- Pakistan Visa required
- Palau Visa on arrival 30 days
- Panama Visa required
- Papua New Guinea Visa on arrival 60 days
- Paraguay Visa required
- Peru Visa not required 183 days
- Philippines Visa not required 30 days
- Poland Visa required
- Portugal Visa required
- Qatar Visa required
- Romania Visa required
- Russia Visa not required 30 days
- Rwanda Visa required Visa is obtained online
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Visa required Visa obtainable online
- Saint Lucia Visa not required 42 days
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Visa not required 1 month
- Samoa Entry Permit on arrival 60 days
- San Marino Visa required
- São Tomé and Príncipe Visa required Visa is obtained online.
- Saudi Arabia Visa required
- Senegal Visa required
- Serbia Visa required
- Seychelles Visitor’s Permit on arrival 1 month
- Sierra Leone Visa required
- Singapore Visa not required 30 days
- Slovakia Visa required
- Slovenia Visa required
- Solomon Islands Visa not required 90 days
- Somalia Visa on arrival 30 days
- South Africa Visa not required 30 days
- South Sudan Visa required
- Spain Visa required
- Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization 30 days
- Sudan Visa required
- Suriname Visa required
- Swaziland Visa required
- Sweden Visa required
- Switzerland Visa required
- Syria Visa required
- Tajikistan Visa on arrival 45 days
- Tanzania Visa on arrival 90 days
- Timor-Leste Visa on arrival 30 days
- Togo Visa on arrival 7 days
- Tonga Visa required
- Trinidad and Tobago Visa required
- Tunisia Visa required
- Turkey Visa not required 30 days
- Turkmenistan Visa required
- Tuvalu Visa on arrival 1 month
- Uganda Visa on arrival 180 days
- Ukraine Visa required
- United Arab Emirates Visa required Electronic visa through specified airlines is available to passengers.
- United Kingdom Visa required
- United States Visa required
- Uruguay Visa required
- Uzbekistan Visa required
- Vanuatu Visa not required30 days
- Vatican City Visa required
- Venezuela Visa required
- Vietnam Visa not required30 days
- Yemen Visa required
- Zambia Visa on arrival 90 days
- Zimbabwe Visa required
Territories – Visa Free Travel Thai Citizens
Visa requirements for Thai citizens for visits to various territories, disputed areas, partially recognized countries and restricted zones:
European Union – Most Thai Citizens Need A Schengen visa
Abkhazia Visa required
Flag of the Greek Orthodox Church.svg Mount Athos Special permit required. Special permit required (4 days: 25 euro for Orthodox visitors, 35 euro for non-Orthodox visitors, 18 euro for students). There is a visitors’ quota: maximum 100 Orthodox and 10 non-Orthodox per day and women are not allowed.
Autonomous Republic of Crimea Crimea Visa required. Visa issued by Russia is required.
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Visa not required 3 months
United Nations UN Buffer Zone in Cyprus Access Permit required. Access Permit is required for travelling inside the zone, except Civil Use Areas.
Faroe Islands Visa required
Gibraltar Visa required
Guernsey Visa required
Isle of Man Visa required
Norway Jan Mayen Permit required. Permit issued by the local police required for staying for less than 24 hours and permit issued by the Norwegian police for staying for more than 24 hours.
Jersey Visa required
Kosovo Visa required
Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Visa required. Travellers with Nagorno-Karabakh visa (expired or valid) or evidence of travel to Nagorno-Karabakh (stamps) will be permanently denied entry to Azerbaijan.
Russia Special authorization required. Several closed cities and regions in Russia require special authorization.
South Ossetia Visa not required. Multiple entry visa to Russia and three day prior notification are required to enter South Ossetia.
Transnistria Visa not required.Registration required after 24h.
British Indian Ocean Territory. Special permit required.
Eritrea outside Asmar.Travel permit required To travel in the rest of the country, a Travel Permit for Foreigners is required (20 Eritrean nakfa).
Mayotte Visa required
Réunion Visa required
Ascension Island Entry Permit required. Entry Permit must be obtained minimum 28 days in advance (3 months for 20/30 pounds sterling, single/double entry).
Saint Helena Visitor’s Pass required. Visitor’s Pass granted on arrival valid for 4/10/21/60/90 days for 12/14/16/20/25 pound sterling.
Tristan da Cunha Permission required. Permission to land required for 15/30 pounds sterling (yacht/ship passenger) for Tristan da Cunha Island or 20 pounds sterling for Gough Island, Inaccessible Island or Nightingale Islands.
Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic. Undefined visa regime in the Western Sahara controlled territory.
Somaliland Visa on arrival 30 days for 30 US dollars, payable on arrival.
Sudan Travel permit required. All foreigners traveling more than 25 kilometers outside of Khartoum must obtain a travel permit.
Sudan Darfur Travel permit required. Separate travel permit is required.
Hong Kong Visa not required 30 days
India PAP/RAP PAP/RAP required. Protected Area Permit (PAP) required for all of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram and parts of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand. Restricted Area Permit (RAP) required for all of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep and parts of Sikkim. Some of these requirements are occasionally lifted for a year.
Kazakhstan Special permission required . Special permission required for the town of Baikonur and surrounding areas in Kyzylorda Oblast, and the town of Gvardeyskiy near Almaty.
Iran Kish Island Visa not required.
Macao Visa not required 30 days
Maldives Permission required. With the exception of the capital Malé, tourists are generally prohibited from visiting non-resort islands without the express permission of the Government of Maldives.
Palestine Visa not required. Arrival by sea to Gaza Strip not allowed.
Taiwan Visa required. Visa not required for holders of Exit & Entry Permit (Republic of China).
Tajikistan Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Province OIVR permit required. OIVR permit required (15+5 Tajikistani Somoni) and another special permit (free of charge) is required for Lake Sarez.
United Nations Korean Demilitarized Zone Restricted zone.
United Nations UNDOF Zone and Ghajar Restricted zone.
Yemen Special permission required. Special permission needed for travel outside Sana’a or Aden.
Caribbean and North Atlantic
Anguilla Visa required
Aruba Visa required. Visa free if U.S., U.K., Canada or Schengen Area resident permit holder or cruise ship passenger staying not more than 48 hours.
Bermuda Visa not required 180 days.
Netherlands Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba Visa required. Visa free if U.S., U.K., Canada or Schengen Area resident permit holder or cruise ship passenger staying not more than 48 hours.
British Virgin Islands Visa required. Permanent residents of the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom do not require a visa.
Cayman Islands Visa required. Up to 30 days visa-free for permanent residents of and traveling directly from: Canada, USA or UK. Visa free for cruise ship passengers leaving on same day as arrival.
Curacao Visa required. Visa free if U.S., U.K., Canada or Schengen Area resident permit holder or cruise ship passenger staying not more than 48 hours.
France French Guiana Visa required
France French West Indies Visa required. French West Indies refers to Martinique, Guadeloupe, Saint Martin and Saint Barthélemy.
Greenland Visa required
Montserrat Visa required. Multiple entry eVisa valid for 1 year can be obtained through the internet, prior to departure.
Puerto Rico Visa required
Saint Pierre and Miquelon Visa required
Sint Maarten Visa required Visa free if U.S., U.K., Canada or Schengen Area resident permit holder or cruise ship passenger staying not more than 48 hours.
Turks and Caicos Islands Visa not required. Visa free for up to 30 days
U.S. Virgin Islands Visa required
American Samoa Visa required
Australia Ashmore and Cartier Islands special authorisation required. Special authorisation required.
France Clipperton Island Special permit required.
Cook Islands Visa not required 31 days
Fiji Lau Province Special permission required
French Polynesia Visa required
Guam Visa required
New Caledonia Visa required
Northern Mariana Islands Visa required
Niue Visa on arrival 30 days
Pitcairn Islands Visa not required 14 days visa free and landing fee 35 USD or tax of 5 USD if not going ashore.
United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Special permits required. Special permits required for Baker Island, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnston Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Atoll, Palmyra Atoll and Wake Island.
Wallis and Futuna Visa required
South Atlantic and Antarctica
Falkland Islands -Visa required
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Permit required. Pre-arrival permit from the Commissioner required (72 hours/1 month for 110/160 pounds sterling).
Special permits required for British Antarctic Territory, French Southern and Antarctic Lands, Argentine Antarctica, Australia Australian Antarctic Territory, Antártica Chilena Province Chilean Antarctic Territory, Australia Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Norway Peter I Island, Norway Queen Maud Land, New Zealand Ross Dependency.
Many countries require passport validity of no less than 6 months and one or two blank pages.
Visitors with passport stamp of Israel are not allowed to enter a number of countries because of the Arab League boycott of Israel.
Contact US for further details about travel & visas for Thai nationals.
Useful Links – Thai visa forum – information about Thailand .