If your Thai wife or Thai partner is granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. She will be able to live and work in the UK free of any restrictions and is the first step in becoming naturalised as a British citizen
Does she qualify to apply for ILR?
- Has she lived in the UK continuously for five years before making the application?
- Has she passed the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) test?
- Does she (or supporting partner) earn a minimum of £18,600p.a?
- Current and previous passports that have been held during her stay in the UK
- Evidence of her financial position such as bank statements or wage slips
- The certificate for passing the A1 English test and KoLL test
- Her previous/current visa such as a Spouse Visa or Unmarried Partner Visa
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
Your Thai partner will also need to supply biometric information that includes fingerprints, a digital photograph of her face and a copy of her signature. Your partner may be required to attend an interview at the Home Office to provide further information. ILR should be applied for no later than 28 days before her current visa expires and may take up to six months to process although it is usually considerably less.
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with any UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.