Section EX refers to certain exceptions to the eligibility requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Further Leave to Remain (FLR) for partners or parents. Paragraph EX.1 considers the possibility of leave being granted even if some of the requirements haven’t been met.
What is required?
- You must still be in a relationship
- You must meet the financial requirements
- The majority of the immigration requirements
In some cases, if you have overstayed your visa, you may not have to meet these requirements if you have a genuine or exceptional reason. However, this is only in rare cases and is something that certainly should not be abused.
In what circumstances is EX.1 granted?
- If you can prove you are in a “genuine and subsisting parental relationship”
- If it is in a child’s best interests to remain in the UK
- To be “a parent” does not necessarily mean that the person is a parent by biological factors
- If there are “insurmountable obstacles” preventing a “normal” family life outside of the UK
- If that person would be at risk of persecution outside of the UK
How can Thai Visa Express help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.