If you are a British national and wish to marry your Thai girlfriend in the UK, you will need to apply for a UK Fiancée Visa. It will allow you Thai fiancée entry into the UK for a period of up to six months. During these six months, you will need to get married.
What is required for a UK Fiancée Visa?
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- Proof that you have a venue booked or that you have firm arrangements to marry
- You both must be 18 years of age or older
- You must have met in person
- You must plan to live together permanently
- If you plan to convert the visa to a UK Spouse Visa after marriage, you will need to prove an income of £18,600 or have enough money saved in a UK bank account
It is essential that your Thai fiancée can speak English and will need to demonstrate this by passing either the A1 English test or the IELTS test. The test can be taken at registered centres across Thailand.
Dependent children MAY be allowed to enter the country at the same time as your Thai fiancée although this is not guaranteed. Arranging a dependent’ visa is far easier after you are married.
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with your UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.