The UK Unmarried Partner Visa is the ideal visa for British men who have long-term Thai girlfriends of Thai partners. You may have a “Thai Village Wedding” marriage but are not legally married. Your Thai girlfriend will be able to visit or live in the UK with you in a similar manner to someone who was entering the UK on a UK Spouse Visa.
How does your Thai girlfriend qualify for the UK Unmarried Partner Visa?
- You (the male partner) must be a British National
- You both must 18 years of age or older
- You must live like husband and wife and have done so for a minimum of two years
- You must be in a genuine relationship
- You must plan to reside in the UK
- You must have the financial means to support yourselves
- Your Thai girlfriend must have passed the A1 (IELTS) English test
- You must have somewhere to live
- If you are the supporting partner, you must earn a minimum of £18,600p.a.
- For the first non-British dependent child, an additional £3,800p.a. is needed
- For each additional child thereafter, a further £2,400p.a. is a requirement
How long is the UK Unmarried Partner Visa valid for?
- If applied for in Thailand, it will be granted for an initial period of 33 months
- If applied for in the UK, it will be for 30 months
- After this period has elapsed, if circumstances remain the same a further 30 months, Further Leave to Remain will be issued
- After 5 years living in the UK, you Thai partner can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
How can Thai Visa Express Help?
Thai Visa Express is a team of professional immigration consultants who are always ready to assist you with any UK visa application in Thailand. We have over 15 years of experience dealing with UK visas & immigration daily, and we are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) in the UK. We offer a free 30-minute consultation from one of our designated caseworkers, contact us today.